Why do so many people choose to live in Crows - Highfields District ?
It has a pleasant climate, natural beauty, and absence of intrusive development. It is close to the major business centre of Toowoomba, and less than 200 km from Brisbane and the coast beaches.
- The Crows Nest - Highfields District is on the dividing range immediately north of Queensland's largest inland city, Toowoomba.
- Its elevation is up to 808 m above sea level (at Mt Perseverance). Average rainfall is around 850 mm with 60% falling between November and March.
- Cool nights and frosts can occur between June to August but temperatures for most of the year are generally pleasant.
- The country is mainly undulating to hilly and is endowed with native rainforest areas, large open areas of sclerophyll forest as well as some notable pine plantations. It is still a land of tall timbers.
- All of Toowoomba's water supply dams are located in the district, giving rise to associated water sports and leisure activities.
- Soils vary from the rich red volcanic to light sandy soils presenting a variety of farming opportunities.
- Clean air and associated country living is typical of most of the area although it is strategically adjacent to the services of Toowoomba and less than 200 km from Brisbane and the coastal beaches.